Thursday, March 20, 2014

CSC-8 Binary notation

        This week we are going to take the second term test. We talked more about the binary notation. For instance, we discussed about the addition and multiplication of the binary notation. It is hard to understand at first in the lecture. However, when I did the past test I realized that it is quite easy and similar to the addition we did with the regular number. It will also carry to the next digit, such as 2: 1 0 etc., For example:
   1 1 0 1
+    1 0 1
1 0 0 1 0
For the first step, 1+1=2 (1 0) carries 1 to the left. Then (0+0+1=1). The following third and forth step are the same as the first step we took. Finally, we will get the final answer 10010.
The multiplication is the same as addition:
         1 1 0 1
X         1 0 1
         1 1 0 1
      0 0 0 0
   1 1 0 1
1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Tomorrow will be our second term test, I will focus on reviewing the recursion and binary notation.

No comments:

Post a Comment