This week we talked about the apply function and tracing recursion.
At first, I was confused about the differences between apply function and Map function. After doing practices in Dr. Racket, I realized that Apply function is useful when there are multiple arguments in numbers of functions.
Also Tracing Recursion is very difficult for me to understand at first since the steps repeat again and again in the function. In order to understand the procedure of the function, I plugged in each number carefully and do some practices on papers to help me follow how the function run. Then when professor play the Tracing Recursion function with images and shapes, it becomes an interesting topic in the course. But the most important thing to do with the Tracing Recursion is to keep yourself calm and keep your brain awake!
Last but not least, this week we need to finish implementing the contributions to Wikipedia. I did submit it. I spent almost half day to finish this assignment. I need to make three contributions as I planned in my part A, which are uploading a picture, updating the information and adding a lead section. For the first one, I need to upload it to Wikicommons first so I can use the link in my sandbox. For the second article, I updated the new ratings information for a TV series which need reliable reference. I think that the step to make a link for reference is quite tough for me. I found a lot of documentations to figure out how to add the reference for a new-added information. This step really took me a long time. Lastly, I set up a lead section. I not only found the template for infoBox and insert but also need to organize two paragraphs to briefly introduce my article. Adding a sub-section is much easier than the previous steps I mentioned.
Generally, this is a busy week for CSC. I learned lots of techniques in programming and Wikipedia! Next week we will need to finish programming project, I guess that would be a fun project as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment