Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CSC-2 History

Today's lecture focus on reviewing some historical events of the computer science. I know that in the 1950s, people have strict machine which are slow and have small memory. Therefore, people cannot do what they want to do. As time flies, some computer scientists developed the programming language and supplied some convenience for writing the programs. In 1970s, the machine became faster so that it allows programmers to design more with the increasing memory size. Now, we have so much computing power than ever we have. It is about quadrillion times. The computing power speed in an amazing pace.

This friday is our first term test. I am reviewing some videos online and the notes online. I am still struggle with some programming. I hope I can get through it before the term test. For instance, the ture, flase, and, or terms are quite confusing so I need to do some operation in Dr.Racket to figure it out.

I am looking forward to doing the WIKI assignment so that I can make some contributions to wikipedia online.

No comments:

Post a Comment